Saturday, June 28, 2014

Thank Yous and What Next?

Bri was our photographer and deserves a round of applause.


Time for thank yous and public recognition. First, to all 3500 of you who called the USPS on Thursday - that was approximately 7 calls per minute for 8 hours. Unless I'm messing up my math. That is crazy.

I suspect, an even larger number called on Friday. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

If I could give each of you three wishes, I would, or maybe a magical sparkle pony or whatever your hearts desire. You made this happen and Nano and I are so grateful.

Now, a few folks really helped me as I stumbled through this experience. I had no idea what I was getting myself into and couldn't have done any of this without advice, input, support and quite a bit of technical help. Very special thanks to:

Kris, Jacques, Jessica, Sarah, Maggie, and all the residents at the condo for being on my side and being so supportive.

Bonnie, Abigail, Kari, Kim and Lisa for the media advice, outreach efforts, practice interviews, help with my hair and pep talks. The success of that KARE 11 interview rests in your hands.

Bri for the awesome photos I've used on the blog and the Star Tribune used in their story. And for answering all my newbie blogging questions.

Tim for specialized advice that I know will come in handy soon.

Mark for reaching out to a stranger and reassuring her. You're a gem.

Kara for dog walks and moral support.

Andrea and Ray for your generous offer.

Patty and Betsey for giving me some space to deal with this. I think you ladies knew what was coming my way before I did. I am eternally grateful to be a part of your lives and your growing business. Thank you so very, very much.

Liz and Abe the Babe for getting creative and inspiring me on how this whole thing could come to life online. Your generosity knows know bounds and I love you both.

Jon Tevlin, the guy who got this whole thing started by writing an article about this situation. I think we were both surprised at the response - okay, maybe you weren't, but I sure was.



Allen Constantini - The man who dared to cuddle Nano The Beast (and was licked on the face for his trouble). KARE 11, you did a wonderful job and guess what else, you were the tipping point. The statement the USPS released to you was the first documented proof that our mail service will be restored once I've completed MACC's requirements. Our gratitude is unending.

Senator Al Franken's office - your calls to the USPS also applied pressure and got things moving in the right direction: a reasonable, logical, no-cost solution that achieves the goal of ensuring USPS mail carriers will not need to encounter my dog, despite the fact that he loves mail carriers because he's known so many great ones, is not aggressive, and didn't/wouldn't bite anyone.


And, of course, my family for listening and understanding and supporting me.


I will be keeping this blog updated as things are resolved over the course of the next few weeks and will also be thinking about how I can turn this experience into something that can help dogs and dog owners across the country. There must be a larger lesson here and if I can use this to help others, I will.

Love from - Alicia and Nano

1 comment:

  1. This is very good news for Nano. I'm grateful you decided to fight this and got so much support to go through it. The fact that NO photos were taken of the mail carrier's "bites" because they were too close to her groin is so bogus. Hang in there and love to your little Nano.

    ReplyDelete